Adventures of Pip revitalized the classic side-scrolling action platformer genre back in 2015, and now Tic Toc Games is proud to announce Pip will be adventuring on Nintendo Switch this Summer 2020! Pip — the ultimate digital underdog – is a lowly single pixel in a 32-bit world who proves that you can’t judge a hero by the fidelity of his shaders.
Journey with Pip, as he sets out to save Princess Adeline from the Evil Queen DeRezzia! Pip’s quest begins when he learns he can absorb the ‘Bitstream’ from his fallen foes to evolve —or devolve— back and forth between 3 different render forms. Each evolution provides different powers that Pip can use to solve environmental puzzles and blast through enemies. Pip’s tale will lead players through five different stylized worlds with up to 10 hours of epic adventuring gameplay!
Inspired by classic platformers, Adventures of Pip basks in a world where players can defeat a huge 32-bit boss as a single-pixel or even as an 8-bit character. Each of Pip’s foes has their own weakness and strength that must be unraveled throughout Pip’s epic quest. Can you help our fearless and unlikely hero save his 32-bit world from the clutches of Evil Queen DeRezzia?
- Evolve Pip from a single pixel by absorbing pixels from his fallen foes. Each evolution and devolution comes with their own abilities!
- Dynamic 2D pixel environments with lovingly detailed animations, breathtaking backgrounds, and larger-than-life characters!
- On Nintendo Switch, enjoy the new uniquely gratifying achievement quests by finding secrets, saving townspeople, and perfecting levels!
- Epic music orchestrated by Jake “Virt” Kaufman, composer for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Bloodrayne: Betrayal, Shovel Knight, and more.
- Development team credits include: River City Girls, Contra 4, Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile, BloodRayne: Betrayal, DuckTales Remastered, and more.
- “The unique gameplay mechanics, including evo- and devolution, further add to the game’s appeal, setting it apart from many of the modern platformers available today.”
– Gizorama (4.5/5)
- “Adventures of Pip is a delightful little platformer full of charm, challenge, and impeccable level design.”
– Hardcore Gamer (4/5)
- “Adventures of Pip looks and plays like a Super Nintendo game, which means to say it looks and plays great.”
– Pure Nintendo (8/10)
- “Those in love with video game scores are sure to fall in love quite quickly with the music of Adventures of Pip as it helps accentuate the theme and vibes of the levels…”
– Nintendo Everything
- “Adventures of Pip delivers a fun and satisfying platforming adventure. The visuals are charming and beautiful to look at. The soundtrack alone is worth a listen at the least as each track perfectly captures the level’s atmosphere and the overall sense of adventure.”
- – Nintendo Enthusiast
Tic Toc Games is a full-service developer, with a seasoned staff of artists, designers, programmers, and production managers, all of whom have shipped award-winning interactive products. The studio was founded by game industry veteran Shereef Morse, with a commitment to creating the highest quality gameplay, art, and animation.